How do you make a room full of women happy during the holiday season? Feed them cookies and wine! And other delicious appetizers of course. We had hot cheesy spinach dips, slow cooker sweet’n sour meatballs and pizza wonton wraps. Make sure you include a plate of these Chocolate Mint Cookies too.
Welcome to day #7 for the 12 Days of Easy Christmas Cookies! I decided to share some my family’s favorite traditional cookie recipes like Thimble Cookies (aka Birds Nests) and Shortbread, and also try out some new recipes like Chocolate Covered Oreos and Hugs & Kisses Cookies. If you’re not already signed up to receive email updates, might I suggest you do? You don’t want to miss out! You can also follow along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram!
Hosting a ladies-only Cookie Party was a fantastic idea! Some people brought appetizers while others contributed to the ever-growing piles of cookies. Yum!
These amazing Chocolate Mint Cookies were the first cookies to disappear. These little cookies are so delicious, AND pretty, they make the perfect addition to any Christmas cookie tray. The cookie is soft and fudgey covered in a minty chocolate coating. The tiny colored candy balls add a tiny crunch and make the cookies oh so pretty.
The ladies were so excited when I presented each of them with a tin of assorted cookies to bring home with them. I’m starting to realize people don’t always have the time or energy to bake around the holiday season and everyone LOVES homemade treats. I’m always so happy to provide a little Christmas treat.
Some other fun DIY Christmas gifts I’ve made in the past are:
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
3/4 cup mint chocolate chips
- Beat the butter, cocoa powder, confectioners’, salt, vanilla and flour together on medium speed until a soft, smooth dough forms.
- Shape the dough into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and chill 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop rounded teaspoonfuls of the dough and shape into balls.
Place 2 inches apart and cook 8 – 10 minutes.
- Cool cookies on wire racks. Once cooled melt the remaining 3/4 cup mint chocolate chips in microwave and whisk until smooth. Dip the cookies halfway and place on parchment.
- Store in a tightly covered container up to 1 week.