These White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies are delightful with their crunchy macadamia nuts and sweet white chocolate chips. A decadent cookie that makes the perfect gift to show someone you care. So get in the kitchen and let’s share the love.
White chocolate macadamia nut cookies are what I turn too when I’m looking for something special to treat myself with. I almost want to be snobby and say they are in the Upper Class of the cookie family. Macadamia nuts are so much more refined than the typical peanut, walnut or almond. And the white chocolate chips seem so much more la-de-dah than the plain ol’ semi-sweet chocolate chips that everyone seems to bake with. So call me a snob, but these cookies I feel are in a class of their own.
Maybe it’s just my high opinion of these cookies, but when I want to make something impressive but life is crazy busy, I reach for this easy cookie recipe. I had a coffee meeting planned with Julieanne from Heirloom Island to talk all things social media. I absolutely love her artwork and I wanted to bring a little treat for her and her little ones so I decided to make these white chocolate macadamia nut cookies.
A little unique packaging, tie on some super cute spoons (which I hope she’ll have the opportunity to use in her Instagram photos again) with lace ribbon and I think I achieved the look I was l aiming for.
I guess she was just as pleased with how the cookies turned out as she shared a picture of her white chocolate macadamia nut cookies on her Heirloom Island Instagram feed later that day! She also messaged me the next day informing me the cookies were all gone. The little ones enjoyed their treat at bedtime the night before.
Now I have a fuzzy, warm feeling in my heart after being able to share these delicious cookies and make Julieanne and her family feel super special. If there is any reason why I love to bake and cook (and share delicious foods), that my friend is my number one reason: to make other people happy and feel special.
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sift together the flour and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix powder until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture.
- Chop your macadamia nuts on a large cutting board using a sharp knife. Mix in the chopped nuts chocolate chips. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls (or use an ice cream scoop) onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.