Make this strawberry peach sangria your drink of choice when the ladies stop by for a visit this summer. A switch up from the traditional red sangria, this light and fruity sangria is perfect for those hot summer days lounging in the backyard with a book or for a special Ladies Night In.
Truthfully, sangria can be enjoyed year round but I was looking for a tasty drink to share with my girlfriends when they came over for our Ladies Night In. A little prep work in advance meant I didn’t have to do much work when serving up a glass of this delightful strawberry peach sangria. Although the fruit doesn’t really infuse much flavour into the drink, it’s always fun getting a little fruit snack with my drink, amiright??? I’m still on the lookout for some cute skewers to decorate the glass with so it’s a little more lady-like going after the those juicy peaches and strawberries at the bottom of my glass.
When you’re serving your sangria, you could leave the boozy mixture on the side and top up with club soda as I suggested, or if you’re concerned Aunt Susie may fill her glass to the top with just the mixture, find a bigger container and add the club soda before serving it.
It’s always fun to plan a Ladies Night In to reconnect with your girlfriends you haven’t seen in a while. Staying in is also a new trend as more and more people are watching their budget but still want to have a bit of fun. Everyone can chip in for snacks or take turns hosting to make getting together a frugal summer activity everyone will enjoy and look forward to.
Here’s some tips for Hosting a Ladies Night In
- Send out invitations so everyone knows the details. While a text message will do the trick, try sending an e-invite so everyone gets a personal invitation sent straight to their inbox. There are tons of options for sending fun online invitations. It also helps you track who is able to come.
- A day or two before the event set some time aside to pick up the necessities. Cute cocktail napkins and flowers are an easy way to make your friends feels special for your night in.
- Decide on some light finger foods to serve. If you are sharing the responsibility of the food, a cheese tray would be a lovely choice to have. Each person can bring one of their favourite cheeses while you provide the accompaniments like a fresh baguette, marinated olives and fresh fruit.
- Decide what beverage to serve. This strawberry peach sangria is a lovely option as it can be made well in advance to take the stress away from having to make drinks all night long.
- Prepare your space by arranging a variety of seating options with large, comfortable pillows. Your guests will love getting cozy with a pillow and settling in for a good time. Set up twinkle lights and small candles for when the sun starts to set.
- Plan a relaxing activity like cards or watch a movie outside on an overhead projector. A white bed sheet can be easily converted into a movie screen. If you really want to spoil your friends, hire someone to come give manicures.
- Lastly, don’t forget to have fun!
Now that you have the recipe for the perfect Ladies Night In, scroll down to grab the recipe for this delicious strawberry peach sangria.
Strawberry Peach Sangria
- 1 750- ml bottle dry white wine
- 1 can frozen strawberry daiquiri mix
- 1/2 cup peach liqueur
- ½ cup triple sec
- 2 cups sliced strawberries divided
- 3 cups frozen peaches
- 1 large orange cut into slices
- 2 cups club soda or carbonated water
Mix white wine, daiquiri mix, strawberries, peach liqueur, triple sec, peaches and orange slices in large pitcher. Chill up to 4 hours in the fridge before serving.
Place some ice in a glass. Spoon some of the strawberries and peaches into your glass. If you’d like to use the orange slices as well, remove the oranges from the pitcher and cut into quarters and place 1 or 2 in each glass. Fill the glass ¾ full with the sangria mixture. Top with club soda, stirring to combine. Serve immediately.
Optional: garnish each glass with a quarter slice of orange and strawberry
|Did you make this recipe? Have a meal planning tip to share?
Tag @365daysofeasyrecipes on Instagram . I’d love to see!
Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. The price you pay does NOT change, but I do earn a small commission for your purchase. Thanks in advance for supporting 365 Days of Easy Recipes!