This roasted red pepper and tomato soup could not come at a better time. The slow oven roasted vegetables give this soup a depth of flavor you will never find in a can. Our family’s favorite easy lunch is soup and grilled cheese sandwiches and this soup did not disappoint.
While looking for a way to enjoy my never-ending bounty of fresh tomatoes coming out of my garden, I decided to make my husband’s favorite soup. One of our local restaurants, P&M’s Kouzzina, serves this incredible roasted red pepper soup that makes it very easy to convince my husband to go there for lunch or dinner.
I’ve tried so many different store bought soups but they never comes close to P&M’s roasted red pepper and tomato soup. Of course not. Nothing can replace freshly made soup.
I was so excited to try out this recipe for roasted red pepper and tomato soup inspired by a similar recipe from Café Delites. I loved how they used potato to thicken the soup instead of using cream! They must have some serious love of garlic however because when I made the recipe as is, the garlic was potent. I cut back on the garlic, but if you love garlic, feel free to add some extra cloves.
With the weather starting to cool down, I’ve started digging out the warmer clothes and food wear. We cuddle a little closer around the nighttime fires. Our morning walks are crisp and we put our hands in our pockets to keep our fingers warm. My daughter eagerly slurps at her hot chocolate to warm her up after we come back from our walks. We’re sad to see summer go but look forward to the beauty of fall.
The approaching cooler weather encouraged some of my Canadian Food Creatives (#CDNFoodCreatives) friends to collaborate on a list of delicious soups and stews that will warm you from the inside. Nothing is more comforting then a warm bowl of soup or stew. You will want to keep this list handy for the coming colder months.
- Broccoli and Cheddar Soup by Food Mamma
- Roasted Chicken Minestrone Soup by My Kitchen Love
- Lighter Potato Leek Soup by Fuchsia Freezer
- Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup by 365 Days of Easy Recipes
- Cream of Spinach Soup by I Say Nomato
- Miso Noodle Soup by The Refreshanista
- Chipotle Sweet Potato Soup with Polenta Croutons by Flavour and Savour
- Creamy Carrot Orange Soup with Cashews by Making Healthy Choices
- Roasted Butternut Squash Ginger Pear Soup by She Loves Biscotti