These Rainbow Vegetable Chicken Bowls make a delicious dinner or make ahead meal for lunches. The bright, colourful vegetables with the Mexican flavoured chicken make for a delicious and healthy meal.
As much as I love to cook, I also love to take short cuts and save myself time and effort in the kitchen. One way I do that is by prepping meal in advance, especially lunches for my family. If my son has to work, he knows he’ll always have ready to go meals he can grab on the way out the door. Having meals such as this Rainbow Vegetable Chicken Bowls also makes eating healthy easy.
This colourful meal comes together so quickly with very little clean up. A little chopping, drizzling, sprinkling and into the oven it goes. The roasted vegetables come out super sweet and tender. It’s like an easy version of a stir-fry. I like to serve it with rice, quinoa or egg noodles.
What types of things do you do with your family to encourage a healthy life style? Besides trying to have ready-made healthy snacks, we tend to avoid doing take out unless absolutely necessary. This is where having a well stocked freezer and make ahead meals helps when life gets busy.
In the summer time, our family loves spending time at the lake swimming, playing in kayaks and board surfing when we have the opportunity. We have many wonderful memories from our time spent at the lake.
Winter is a little more challenging to be active. Even with all the opportunities Northern Ontario provides, we’re not much of the outdoor enthusiasts when it’s cold outside. One of these winters we’ll discover something our entire family enjoys that gets us active. Do you have any suggestions? How does your family like to have fun in the winter?
- 1 head broccoli, cut into bite sizes
- 2 peppers, chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2-3 zucchini, chopped
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken bowls
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup rice or quinoa
- Preheat the oven to 400° F
- Line a large cooking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Chop up all the vegetables and layer them on the cooking sheet.
- Cut the chicken breasts up into 1 inch cubes and layer the chicken on the sheet.
- Drizzle the olive oil overtop of everything. Sprinkle the taco seasoning on top.
- Cook in the oven at 400° F for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked completely.
- While the vegetables and chicken are cooking, prepare the rice or quinoa as per the package directions.
- When everything is cooked, portion out all the ingredients into individual containers for lunches or serve immediately for dinner.
Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. The price you pay does NOT change, but I do earn a small commission for your purchase. Thanks in advance for supporting 365 Days of Easy Recipes!