These Parmesan Chicken Fingers are super crispy on the outside and the white chicken meat super tender on the inside. Served along side a sweet plum sauce or tangy BBQ sauce, they make the perfect dinner or party appetizer.
I recently made a big batch of these parmesan chicken fingers and I plan to add this recipe to my list of recipes for Freezer Meal Parties. After I am done breading the boneless, skinless chicken breasts, I lay the chicken pieces in a single layer on a parchment lined cookie sheet and place them in the freezer. When they are frozen, I transfer them into a large freezer bag for long-term storage. This makes it easier to take out the quantity of chicken fingers I need at each dinner. I recommend defrosting them on a plate in the fridge over night, covered with plastic wrap.
While baking up a batch of these parmesan chicken fingers, I discovered they were just as good at room temperature as hot. This made me realize I stumbled upon another delicious party appetizer. So fancy and yet it’s an easy freezer meal recipe. I dare say, these parmesan chicken fingers will be perfect with the Christmas holiday season just around the corner. (ok, don’t shoot the messenger, you knew it was coming soon too)
I plan to make a bunch of party appetizers and dinners I can store in my freezer so I have something on hand if I need it last minute. Some of my favorite make ahead freezer meals I keep on hand during the Christmas party season include:
- Cheese Cappelletti
- Frozen meatballs for my slow cooker Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Shephard’s Pie
- Cheesy Pull Apart Garlic Bread with Bacon
- Pizza Wonton Wraps
I usually fry my chicken parmesan in a little olive oil in a frying pan but I decided to bake these chicken fingers instead. I found them just as crispy and delicious. Serve these along side some heated (or room temperature) marinara sauce and they are fantastic!! I’ve noticed some people suggest spraying the chicken fingers with a cooking spray to make them extra crispy. I did not and found them crispy enough for my tastes but it will be something I try next time I make them.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Salt & pepper
- Dish #1 - 1 cup of flour
- Dish #2 - 2 eggs, 1/2 cup milk & 1/4 cup parmesan cheese - scramble together
- Dish #3 - 1 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs, 1 tbsp dried basil, 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Marinara sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1” strips. Spread them out on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Set up your breading station.
- Cover a second cookie sheet with parchment paper. If you plan to eat them right away, preheat your oven to 425 F.
- Working from one cookie sheet to the other, coat the chicken in flour, dip in the egg mixture then coat in bread crumb mixture. Lay chicken on cookie sheet making sure you don’t crowd them too much.
- If you plan to freeze them, place them in the freezer at this point and transfer the into a freezer bag once completely frozen.
- Otherwise, cook in the oven for about 20-25 minutes until cooked through.
- Heat the marinara sauce while the chicken is cooking.
- When the chicken is cooked remove from the oven and turn on the broiler.
- Scatter mozzarella cheese over top of the chicken and place under the broiler until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Chicken fingers can be served hot or at room temperature.