When you’re looking for a fast and easy breakfast casserole to enjoy on the weekend, this Cheesy Baked Ham and Egg Breakfast Casserole has got you covered. Even if you are not feeding a large crowd, you’ll want to add this to your meal plan this week so you can enjoy it all week long in lunches or at snack time. All this cheesy goodness with diced ham added just because, will have you coming back to this breakfast casserole time and time again.
Ok people, ehm fathers… even the teens should be able to put this one together. I’ve got you covered this Mother’s Day with a super easy breakfast casserole. This cheesy baked ham and egg breakfast casserole is sure spoil your mom on Mother’s Day. Let your mother sleep in that day. Bring her breakfast in bed or have the casserole ready for when she’s done enjoying a hot bubble bath. Serve with a side of orange juice with champagne and you’re almost half way there.
This cheesy baked ham and egg breakfast casserole has become a regular breakfast item over the past few months. It’s actually taken over for my baked oatmeal. Even with a family of four, we love having the leftovers in the fridge to use for leftovers. My daughter grabs a piece in the morning for breakfast, I like to have a piece with a side salad for lunch. It’s almost like a quiche. It’s DELICOUS!
So back to this Mother’s Day breakfast you’re going to make. Here are a few suggestions.
How to Make the Best Mother’s Day Morning for Mom
- Firstly, have a cup of hot coffee ready to go as soon as mom’s eyes open. This is a must!
- Make sure to serve the orange in a wine glass or other fancy glass you around the house. Bonus points for having chilled champagne to go with the orange juice. Add a few frozen strawberries or any other frozen berries you have on hand to make the drink look extra fancy.
- This cheesy baked ham and egg breakfast casserole takes between 30-45 minutes to cook so make sure you give yourself plenty of time before you need to serve it.
- Get some extra fresh fruit to serve along side the breakfast casserole. Strawberries or blueberries would be a great place to start but if your mom has a favorite you can go with those.
- Make it extra fancy by grabbing one of your cookie sheets if you don’t have a tray. Choose a pretty tea towel to make the cookie sheet pretty. Even the dollar store has a great selection of tea towels for you to choose from.
- Get some fresh flowers and place them in a vase or other pretty container. A mason jar works beautifully too. If wild flowers are an option, mom will be thrilled to pieces!
- Don’t forget the homemade Mother’s Day card with lots of X’s and O’s.
There you have it! The perfect way to start Mom’s special day. Now all you need to do is plan the rest of the day. Good luck!
Cheesy Baked Ham and Egg Breakfast Casserole
- 12 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- 3 cups Cheese finely shredded
- 500 g Cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 150 g ham finely diced
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and grease an 9x17 casserole dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs together then add in the flour. Whisk until the flour is well incorporated into the eggs.
Finely dice the ham.
Stir in the remaining ingredients.
Pour the egg mixture into the prepared casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes, until the eggs no longer jiggle when you give the dish a shake.
Note: Reheats well. Good for up to 5 days stored in an air tight container in the fridge. Optional: You can leave out the diced ham if you do not have it or replace it with cooked bacon pieces.
|Did you make this recipe? Have a meal planning tip to share?
Tag @365daysofeasyrecipes on Instagram . I’d love to see!
Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. The price you pay does NOT change, but I do earn a small commission for your purchase. Thanks in advance for supporting 365 Days of Easy Recipes!