This tortellini club salad tastes like a Club House Sandwich filled with bacon, cheddar cheese, and tomatoes. I made it originally to as a side to our BBQ’d sausages, but this would also be one of my first choices for a potluck dinner. I used cheese filled tortellini for this salad but you can use what ever stuffed pasta you have on hand. Tortellini is also a nice bite sized stuffed pasta.
My husband was right on board with this salad – he even claimed 50% ownership as he came up with the name of this salad. He said it tasted like a Club House Sandwich just punched him in the face. HA!!
I’ve been trying to come up with some ideas for a tortellini salad (and this won’t be the last recipe). Do you have a stuffed pasta recipe you like to make? I’d love to hear what your favourite kind of pasta salad is.
I love how easy it is to make this tortellini club salad. You can customize this salad to include any ingredients you really enjoy. The best part is you use Kraft’s Ranch Salad Dressing!! How easy is that? Leftovers can also be enjoyed for lunches. I’ll make myself a batch of this tortellini club salad Sunday night and I’ve got lunches set for myself for a few days. I’m all about making my life as easy as possible.
Make this salad a little lighter on the calories by using turkey bacon, low fat dressing and low fat cheese.
- 1 pkg cheese tortellini
- 1 lb bacon, cooked, chopped
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup tiny tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 cup Kraft Ranch Dressing
- 2 green onions (optional)
- Cook the tortellini as per the directions on the package.
- Prepare the remaining ingredients accordingly: wash and chop all vegetables.
- Once tortellini is cooked, allow to cool a bit. Mix a bit of the dressing with the tortellini to ensure it does not stick together.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl once tortellini and bacon have cooled completely. Chill in fridge until ready to eat.
Linked up at Blooming Designs!