When I’m hosting a gathering, I love putting a punch together for my guests to help themselves, like this delicious Strawberry Lemonade Party Punch. Call me a lazy hostess, but I’d rather be spending time with my visitors than chasing down drinks or snacks for everyone. I always have stations of food and drinks ready for when visitors arrive.
I can’t think of a more refreshing drink then lemonade. Adding fruit to the lemonade just brings it up a notch to make it even more special. The fruit also helps tint the Strawberry Lemonade Party Punch so it’s a pretty pink colour. I haven’t tried using blue berries, but I watched an episode of The Pioneer Woman where she used blue berries in her lemonade and it looked delicious and oh so pretty. I CAN highly recommend using strawberries or raspberries however.
I’ve served this Strawberry Lemonade Party Punch at company BBQ’s, birthday parties, baby showers, and any other excuse I could come up with to whip up a batch for a group of people. You can make it extra special for the adults by having a bottle of flavoured vodka (like Smirnoff Strawberry Vodka) served along side of the punch. Feel free to add it directly into the punch if the event is kid-free. 😉
If you’re looking for some fun and frugal party planning ideas, you can check out how I put together a party kit that helps me every time I have company come over. My party kit includes two beverage dispensers. I pull out my party kit for Christmas Day dinners, Thanksgiving dinner or even if it’s just the girls coming over for some wine and appetizers on a Friday night after work.
- 3 containers frozen lemonade concentrate
- 8 cups of water
- 1 frozen package of strawberries (or raspberries)
- 2 L ginger ale (or any other lemon flavoured carbonated drink)
- Mix the lemonade concentrate with the water. Let the strawberries defrost in side the bag. Once soft, squeeze the bag together so the strawberries get mashed. Or you can take them out of the bag and mash with a potato masher in a bowl.
- Add the mashed strawberries and all their juices into the lemonade and stir.
- Right before serving, add the ginger ale to the punch. Serve ice on the side.