This Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Casserole pasta dish takes two of my husband’s favourite foods and combines it into one. This pasta dish is packed full of pepperoni, cheese and pasta! Just for good measure, it’s topped with extra cheese just to make it ooey, gooey delicious.
Our family is a huge fan of pizza and pasta so I thought I would combine the two and see their reactions. Just as I expected! They loved it! At the end of each meal I’ll ask my family for a grading for the meal so I know where I should make it again. My husband gave me a n-eight. Wasn’t quite sure where he was heading with that one. He couldn’t decide between an 8 or a 9. HA! So, 8.5 then? Regardless, it was definitely yummy and I like how the recipe is versatile so you can make it with what ever you have on hand or according to your family’s preference. I can definitely see myself putting in olives in there next time. (yes, I know…. ehwww) You either love them, or hate ’em.
This dish also makes ALOT so it would make an excellent Monday or Tuesday dinner so I could use the leftovers for lunches for the rest of the week. Or divide up the batch and freeze half of it. That being said, this meal makes a perfectly easy freezer meal. As I always say, if you’re going to make one, you might as well make a double batch and freeze it for another day and save you the time and effort.
- 1/2 lb ground beef, lean
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage, without the casing
- 4 oz sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 can (28 oz) Tomatos, diced
- 2 cups spagetti sauce
- 450 g rigatoni (or other medium pasta)
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. I used Rigatoni but any medium sized pasta will do. Drain your pasta well.
- Brown onion, garlic, sausage and beef in a large frying pan over medium heat. Drain any fat. Add in the chopped red pepper and cook for an additional 3 minutes, until soft. Add oregano, drained can of tomatos, pepperoni and spegetti sauce.
- Return pasta back to cooking pot and pour sauce in with the cooked pasta. Stir well to combine. Transfer pasta to 9x14 pan and top with grated mozzarella cheese. Top with additional pepperoni slices if you wish.
- Bake for about 30 minutes uncovered until cheese is bubbly and pasta is heated through.