This Tomato Pesto Flatbread has exactly four ingredients. Tomatoes. Pesto. Mozzarella cheese. And naan flatbreads. That’s it. Like most recipes that have only a few ingredients, the fresher your ingredients are, the better the flavour. I’m enjoying the delicious bounty of fresh tomatoes coming out of my garden right now. There’s something about the smell of fresh tomatoes that make me smile.
This meal literally takes 5 minutes to put together. I used a jar of premade pesto sauce, sliced up some tomatoes and topped with cheese. Bake the tomato pesto flabread in the oven until the cheese is all hot, bubbly and oh so gooey and you’ve got a meal fit for a queen. Don’t forget your glass of wine to go with it. I recommend a Zinfandel. 😉
I made these Tomato Pesto Flatbread pizzas along side my BBQ Chicken Flatbreads and I honestly had a hard time picking my favorite. Both were delicious in their own unique way.
I’ve definitely expanded my pizza palate ever since our family trip to Disney World two years ago. We ate at the Tutto Italia Ristorante in Epcot Centre and it literally blew my mind!! I’m told they import all their ingredients from Italy as to provide the most authentic experience as possible. Isn’t that crazy?!? That’s Disney for you! I had multiple people tell me I had to eat there before I left for our trip. I was skeptic at first; it’s only pizza after all. How good could it be? Well, I stand corrected. It can be pretty damn good!
On a side note, I found out that there is a Food and Wine Festival held each year at Epcot Centre each year. I’ve already started negotiations with my husband about going to the event. Without the kids. GASP!! I know. What a horrible mother, to go to Disney World without the kids. Oh but the food! The glorious, glorious food. And wine! They claim to bring in chefs from all over the world to showcase their culinary skills. If you have ever been to this event, please, do share your experience in a comment below!
To think, this entire obsession to attend Disney’s Food and Wine Festival was brought on by pizza. Really, really good pizza. Mind blow pizza. Could you imagine what else a person’s taste buds would experience at this event? One day I hope to find out!
- 4 naan breads
- 1 cup Pesto sauce
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Lay your naan breads on a cookie sheet. You may need to use 2 depending on the size of your cookie sheet.
- Spoon about ¼ cup of pesto on to each naan bread and spread it around with the back of the spoon.
- Slice your tomatoes thin and place them on your naan breads.
- Sprinkle about ½ cup of shredded cheese on each flatbread pizza.
- Bake your Tomato Pesto Flatbreads in the oven for about 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly. Crust should also be crispy on the bottom.