I’m not sure who came up with the name for this dip – Crab Crack Dip. But Yum-Oh! I get more than a few snickers until they try it. Then they realize why it’s called crack dip. Add in a can of crab dip and lemon juice and you’ve got some kind of deliciousness that’s a mix between a regular crack dip and the filling for crab rangoon. Yeah. You heard me. You gotta try it. That is of course, if you like crab. And if you don’t, just leave out the lemon and crab and eat it like the amazingly easy crack dip it is.
I was recently introduced to Epicure’s AMAZING product line. I’m not sure how I missed the boat on this Canadian company – but I did. Every time I mention my new spices from Epicure, my friends all gush about how amazing their products are. Uhm, hello? WHEN exactly was someone going to let me in on this little secret. Well now I’m making up for lost time. My poor husband. Sure I completely blew our food budget out the back door this month but it’s food! And it’s delicious food. It’s easy food. And Epicure’s focus on clean eating. Their products are:
- Over 70% non-GMO project verified – and growing!
- Triple tested to ensure they are 100% gluten free
- Sugar and sodium conscious
- Blended in a nut-free facility
- Kosher Check certified (where applicable)
- Produced with global-sourced, non-irradiated ingredients
- Free of artificial colours and artificial sweeteners
- Made without corn syrup, food dyes or hydrogenated fat
Sounds pretty good to me, do you agree?
So that’s my personal shout out to Epicure. I’m not being compensated to voice my opinion here. I just love their product. I used the Cheese, Chives & Bacon and the 3 Onion dip mix in this hot Crab Crack dip.
So back to this AMAZING crab crack dip. Over the weekend I was invited to our friends house to help him celebrate his birthday. My girlfriend asked if I could bring an appetizer. Correction. She allowed me to bring an appetizer as she knows how much I love to cook and I would just take over the entire meal plan given half the opportunity. 😉
Since I tend to live my life day by day, depending on how I feel when I get up in the morning, it was 10:30 before I texted her to tell her I was feeling well and what time did the party start. She tells me 12:00. It was a lunch and not a dinner !???!!?!?? How did I miss that critical piece of information?? And she lives ½ hour away.
Luckily I had put together a recipe I wanted to try based on other crack dips but using my new Epicure spices and seasonings. (see picture above….) Somehow I was able to get myself ready, my daughter ready AND make this delicious Crab Crack Dip and still get there (kinda) on time for the party. How’s that for pulling a Wonder Woman move out of my hat? Honestly, the only reason I was able to pull this appetizer together so easily was because it literally takes less than 5 minutes to make. But Shhhh…. No one has to know how easy it is to make this “fancy” appetizer. That can be our little secret.
- I pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Epicure’s Cheese, Chives & Bacon Dip Mix
- 1 tbsp Epicure’s 3 Onion Dip Mix
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 can crab (2 if you’re feeling indulgent)
- Whip the cream cheese, mayonnaise and parmesan cheese together until well combined. Add in the lemon juice.
- Add in the Epicure spices.
- Stir in 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and can of well-drained crabmeat.
- Transfer dip to a pie plate or other oven proof dish and top with remaining cheese.
- When you’re ready to serve, heat in the oven at 350 F for about 20 minutes, until the cheese on top is bubbly and hot.